- Industrial Gas
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Food & Beverages
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Metal Fabrication
- Pharma & Biotech
- Plastics & Rubber
- Power & Energy
How It Works
CarbonCure injects captured CO2 into concrete during mixing.Once injected CO2 into concrete in an aqueous state reacts with calcium ions from the cementitious material to form nano-sized calcium carbonate particles which is permanently trapped in the concrete.
The mineralization process improves the compressive strength of the concrete, which enables concrete producers to optimize their mix designs while delivering required strength properties. The end result is the same reliable concrete, with a reduced carbon footprint.
Key Benefits - Designers
• Mix optimization with CarbonCure reduces the environmental impact of ready mix concrete by an average of 4-6%.
• All key properties of concrete are maintained, including strength, durability and quality. There is no discernable difference between traditional concrete and concrete made with CarbonCure.
Key Benefits - Concrete Producers
• CarbonCure seamlessly integrates with your batching software so adding CO2 into concrete mix is just like adding other admixtures.
• Mineralized CO2 improves early and late compressive strength, enabling mix optimization and cost savings.
• CarbonCure concrete creates a competitive advantage for producers through market differentiation.
• 11.5 million cubic meters of CarbonCure concrete have been poured to date.
• 450+ concrete plants across Canada, USA and Singapore have adopted the technology.
• 1,000’s of commercial, infrastructure and residential projects have been supplied in a veriety of climates.
Concrete measures for reducing CO2 emissions
To learn how CarbonCure can add value to your concrete and reduce the embodied carbon of your projects: